Advancing People Multilingual - Recruitment Specialists are now recruiting for a Part-Time, German Translator for their client based in Milton Keynes.
The main purpose of this role is to translate technical documentation and other texts from German into English, ensuring that the target text reads like original English, using computer assisted translation tools.
- To translate technical documentation accurately to a standard fit for publication.
- To translate marketing / advertising / corporate communication texts (e.g. exhibition literature, product brochures, press releases and magazines) appropriately and with sufficient flair as to accurately reflect the source text and also maximize the saleability of the brand in English.
- To translate a wide range of other document types (e.g. contracts, quality standards, training courses and newsletters) to a standard fit for publication.
- To revise translations completed by internal and, where appropriate, external translators to ensure high quality, consistent standards of work.
- Fluent in German
- Native English
- Previous experience in the translation field working with CAT tools is highly desirable.
- A postgraduate qualification in translation is highly desirable.
- A keen eye for detail, with an ability to work accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Highly IT literate
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position offering a basic salary of £14,000 (£28,000 pro rata) + attractive company benefits!
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract, covering a Maternity Leave.
Hours can be flexible! 20 hours per week.